This is the latest, greatest software update from Apple for Mac OS X. You can download and install this update by choosing Software Update from your System Preferences dock item.
I installed it about 1 hour ago and all seems to be fine. I haven't noticed any big changes in speed or features, but only time will tell.
Update 10.1.5 delivers enhancements which improve the reliability of Mac OS X applications, improved networking, security, support for PC Card serial communication devices as well as expanded peripheral device support. Specific improvements include:
Peripheral Device Support
- Expanded support for new Canon digital cameras.
- Improved support for Nikon FireWire cameras.
- Expanded support for SmartDisk, EZQuest and LaCie disc recording devices.
- Improved support for MO drives.
- Increased stability of Mail and Sherlock.
- Emails are properly retained when rebuilding the Draft mailbox.
- Support for 2D and QuickTime hardware acceleration for Rage Pro.
- Updated Carbon applications can use Quartz anti-aliasing technology for high quality text display.
Networking and Security
- Improves networking via AFP when accessing multi-level directories on Windows NT file servers.
- Significant improvement to file searching on local and remote volumes.
- Includes a generic PC Card driver to support a variety of PC Card modems.
- Mail accounts go offline to indicate that SSL encryption settings are not supported by mail server.
- Includes the Security Update April 2002.
- More efficient iDisk mounting and file navigation.
- Added support for connecting to iDisk using default DNS settings of AirPort.
- Support for mounting a WebDAV volume from a non-standard http port.
- Significant updates to the Korean Input Method, especially important when using AppleWorks.
- Internet Connect and AirPort applications updated with Chinese and Korean localized content.