Connect with Writers, Courses, and Inspiration for Free at the Writers Faire on Sunday, September 7
UCLA Extension Writers' Program proudly presents Writers Faire 2008
Sunday, September 7
11 am-3 pm
UCLA Campus: Young Hall Courtyard
Admission is free. Parking on campus in Lot 2 is $9.
Be our guest at the ninth annual Writers Faire featuring 24 free mini-panels and lectures in fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry, writing for the youth market, playwriting, publishing, feature film writing, and television writing. Writers of all levels are welcome!
There’s so much to do at the Writers Faire:
* Listen to 70 instructors/writers as they participate in lively discussions about the art, craft, business, and life of writing.
* Enroll in most fall courses at a ten percent discount (advanced courses not included).
* Get one-on-one advisement on courses and certificate programs.
* Learn more about Los Angeles-area MFA programs and speak to representatives from five top schools.
* Become familiar with Blackboard, the platform used in all Writers’ Program online courses.
* Watch Final Draft representatives demonstrate their software (discounts are available).
* Visit with more than a dozen professional and community organizations and writing-allied businesses, all of whom share a common goal of promoting writing in Los Angeles.
“For me, the highlight of the Writers Faire was listening to the instructors discuss issues of craft. The advice they gave was drawn from experience, delivered with humor, applicable, and free.” – Andrea Kremer, Creative Writing student
Click here to access a PDF of the 2008 Writers Faire schedule and videos of panels from last year’s Writers Faire. Or contact the Writers' Program office at (310) 825-9415 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.